Monday, March 8, 2010



I'm thrilled to be writing my first blog, and I want to WELCOME any potential followers and limited readers.


My name is Michael Roffino and I share ownership of Design Works by dave and mike with my business partner and long time friend, David Squires; together, we have been designing events for nearly 20 years and having a blast doing it, at least I think I am…. There are those days I wish I was still in bed sleeping when something so minor, but seems so huge at the time, goes awry. I have to say, all in all it has been an amazing ride.


This is the first of what I hope to be many blog entrees, and with a little perseverance and determination and feedback from my readers, that will come true. I have to apologize up front as I’m not the best writer, but I have so much to share, I will overlook and ask you do the same with any imperfections in my grammar and spelling. I have a saying… artists and designers are here to provoke emotion and make things look awesome, I leave the spelling and grammar to the editors.


I want to begin with an up and coming event, scheduled for mid July at a popular resort nestled in a sleepy tourist town made popular by a horror movie starring a young Jack Nicholson, The Shining. This is pertinent as it is the backdrop for a wedding that is befitting my young bride and groom, David and Mindy respectfully. This young, fun and creative couple brought to me by Kelly Karli of Frosted Pink Weddings, a spectacular event planner servicing the Rocky Mountain Region and equally as fun as my newlyweds, have a unique sense of style bordering on Goth.


David, with some graphic background, enjoys architectural and clean elements and gives great weight to the power and simplicity of a line, while his bride to be, loves life and brightens up a room with an effortless greeting. Together, they make the perfect clients; they encourage me to step outside of the box where we are creating a traditional ceremony of white, ivory and accents of black to appease the conventional in-laws, while allowing me total freedom to design the less traditional reception.


It is these unique events that give confidence to more exciting events, and with that in mind, this will be exciting!!!!


A color scheme incorporating black, silver and accents of red will transform this history filled venue into a unique setting for a delightful couple and their special guests.
Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment